Why choose G.H.Moore
When buying Jewellery from G H Moore & Son, we want to give you the best advice and support possible. We are a down to earth friendly sales and manufacturing team, who have a vast knowledge of all aspects of jewellery and design, and throughout the buying process we intend to make it a pleasurable experience from start to finish. We offer a completely free, fully comprehensive jewellery consultation to all our customers, this can be from simply what metal to choose to the full Diamond education process. To us its not just work, we take pride in the quality of service and craftsmanship that you deserve. Our approach is to treat you as we would like to be treated regardless if its a simple and low cost repair to a 1ct diamond ring the experience you receive with our members of staff will be to the same standard of service. Quality is a word we use often, this is simply because its something we strongly believe in.
- All our diamonds are brought in accordance with the DTC best practice principles and we can confirm they are conflict free.
- Every purchase/order made includes a Free insurance valuation.
- In house CAD design service.
- Free lifetime ring sizing & cleaning/polishing on any jewellery purchased from ourselves.
Quality jewellery and repairs at fair and competitive prices.
- GIA qualified diamond and gemstone specialist on-site.
Fast friendly service.
- The biggest majority of our jewellery is handmade by us, therefore can be easily replaced if lost or stolen.
- Matching items available on items manufactured by ourselves.
100% peace of mind guarantee
- Most orders will be despatched within 7 days, however please allow up to 21 days for special orders.
- All orders are posted by Royal Mail Special Delivery, or insured airmail postage for orders placed abroad.
- If you are not entirely happy with your jewellery purchased online, please return within 14 days for a full refund. (Does not apply to bespoke commissions) The following conditions apply:
- Please return in the original packaging complete with the valuation.
- The item will need to be posted back to us by Special Delivery. We will not accept any responsibility for any item lost or damaged by Royal Mail.
- Upon receipt we shall inspect the item for any wear. If returned in the same condition in which it was sent a full refund will be credited to your credit or debit card.
- If badly damaged or altered in any way we can only credit the scrap value of the item returned.
Our commitment to hallmarking
When it comes to manufacturing jewellery precious metals (silver, palladium, gold and platinum) are rarely used in their purest form. Instead they are usually alloyed with other metals to achieve a desired strength, durability, and colour.
It is not possible to detect the precious metal content of an item by sight or by touch. It is, therefore, a legal requirement to have items consisting of silver, palladium, gold or platinum independently tested and then hallmarked before they can be described as such. Items must bear a hallmark at point of sale, subject to the following weight exemptions:
Silver: mandatory for items above 7.78 grams; gold: mandatory for items above 1 gram; palladium: mandatory for items above 1 gram; platinum: mandatory for items above 0.5 grams.
G H Moore & Son is registered with the (Assay Assured), ensuring our precious metal jewellery is compliant with the UK’s hallmarking regulations. All stock is subject to an internal confirmation process to ensure it meets the UK’s hallmarking regulations before it is dispatched to our customers.
For articles that are below the UK hallmarking Act’s mandatory weight for hallmarking, G H Moore & Son operates a separate due diligence process which involves periodic voluntary testing of items that fall below the mandatory weight to ensure they meet the minimum fineness requirement.
We are an Assay Assured Jewellery Retailer. Assay Assured status is only given to retailers who have been independently audited and verified by Assay Assured which is run and overseen by the Edinburgh Assay Office, and ensures that all precious metal jewellery (except items exempt by weight) are independently tested and hallmarked.
All items purchased from G.H.Moore (over the legal weights) are hallmarked at British Assay Offices.
View our guide below to view what official Jewellery hallmarks look like up close.