Why choose G.H.Moore
When buying Jewellery from G H Moore & Son, we want to give you the best advice and support possible. Throughout the buying process we intend to make it a pleasurable experience from start to finish. So we offer completely free, a fully comprehensive jewellery consultation to all our customers. This can be from simply what metal to choose to the full Diamond education process. There are three ways to do this:- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , a telephone consultation by one of our experienced sales team, or without appointment pop into our store. All our diamonds are brought in accordance with the DTC best practice principles and we can confirm they are conflict free
- Free lifetime sizing & polishing on any of our jewellery purchased
Quality jewellery at a competitive price
Fast friendly service
- The majority of our jewellery is made by us, therefore can be easily replaced if lost or stolen
As most of our jewellery is made by ourselves, we will usually be able to make you a matching piece at a later date
Free insurance valuation certificate on all purchases
100% peace of mind guarantee
- Most orders will be despatched within 7 days, (2-3 working days for titanium), however please allow up to 21 days for special orders.
- All orders are posted by Royal Mail Special Delivery, or insured airmail postage for orders placed abroad.
- If you are not entirely happy with your jewellery purchased online, please return within 14 days for a full refund. (Does not apply to bespoke commissions) The following conditions apply:
- Please return in the original packaging, with the valuation (where applicable).
- The item will need to be posted back to us by Special Delivery. We will not accept any responsibility for any item lost or damaged by Royal Mail.
- Upon receipt we shall inspect the item for any wear. If returned in the same condition in which it was sent a full refund will be credited to your credit or debit card. Cheques can only be issued if payment was originally made by cheque.
- If badly damaged or altered in any way we can only credit the scrap value of the item returned.
Our commitment to hallmarking
When it comes to manufacturing jewellery and silverware, precious metals (silver, palladium, gold and platinum) are rarely used in their purest form. Instead they are usually alloyed with lesser metals to achieve a desired strength, durability, and colour.
It is not possible to detect the precious metal content of an item by sight or by touch. It is, therefore, a legal requirement to have items consisting of silver, palladium, gold or platinum independently tested and then hallmarked before they can be described as such. Items must bear a hallmark at point of sale, subject to the following weight exemptions:
Silver: mandatory for items above 7.78 grams; gold: mandatory for items above 1 gram; palladium: mandatory for items above 1 gram; platinum: mandatory for items above 0.5 grams.
(GH Moore & Son) is registered with the (Assay Assured ), ensuring our precious metal jewellery is compliant with the UK’s hallmarking regulations. All stock is subject to an internal confirmation process to ensure it meets the UK’s hallmarking regulations before it is dispatched to our customers.
For articles that are below the UK hallmarking Act’s mandatory weight for hallmarking (GH Moore & Son) operates a separate due diligence process which involves periodic voluntary testing of items that fall below the mandatory weight to ensure they meet the minimum fineness requirement.
We are an Assay Assured Jewellery Retailer. Assay Assured status is only given to retailers who have been independently audited and verified by Assay Assured which is run and overseen by the Edinburgh Assay Office, and ensures that all precious metal jewellery (except items exempt by weight) are independently tested and hallmarked.
View our guide below to view what official Jewellery hallmarks look like up close.